Friday, August 19, 2011

Being More Eco-Friendly and Saving Money in Meantime!

I have 3 little ones at home and almost every month has big expenses with seasonal clothing, back to school supplies, birthdays, holidays, etc. so I am always looking to economize....that, and I do have some serious hippy chick views about ecology and the environment. 


I am not above spending and buying something of quality that can greatly enrich my space or style but for sure try to practice as much reduce, reuse, recycle philosophies as I can...


One of the things I do in my spare time (what little I have) is to find some serious furniture and design pieces and give them a new life. I just LOVE yard sales, thrift shops, and craigslist finds! I also think some of the pieces are more unique than what you can get now and have history...plus you totally bond as you re-paint and design the new pieces...


In that trend, here are some furniture makeovers I have found (online- not mine) that I think would look amazing in any house!














So, grab a paint brush and get out there! Happy Thrifting!!!




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'd love to do this, but I'm out of room in my house. I need a bigger place, I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not done a piece in awhile! I really need to get out there to the yard sales...

    ReplyDelete